Peace, Love, and Theme Parks
With the hustle and bustle of the holidays in full swing, sometimes its hard to find a way to sit back and enjoy the season. Take a look at the Orlando area holiday-themed activities you can do to spread a little holiday joy this season with your family, friends, and loved ones.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Join Mickey Mouse and his friends as they celebrate the most wonderful time of the year! Get ready to meet your favorite characters in their merriest holiday outfits! Experience the magic of the Once Upon a Christmas Time parade and other fun castle shows like a Frozen Holiday Wish and Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration all before the stunning fireworks show: Holiday Wishes.
**The party, which requires a separate ticket, happens on select nights during November and December at the Magic Kingdom Park. Buy your tickets now through Pegasus!
Grinchmas at Universal Orlando Resort
During the holiday season, Seuss Landing at the Universal’s Islands of Adventure is decorated with the holiday charm of Who-ville. Meet famous Who-vians, including the infamous Grinch himself. Get into the holiday spirit by watching The Grinchmas™ Who-liday Spectacular, a live retelling of the classic tale starring the Grinch™, featuring music recorded by Mannheim Steamroller. Also, take the opportunity to dine with your favorite Dr. Seuss characters at The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous.
SeaWorld Christmas Celebration
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is where holiday memories are made, with festive shopping, delicious food, and stunning live shows inspired by the natural world. Shamu and his friends put on special holiday shows like Shamu Christmas Miracles and Clyde and Seamore’s Countdown to Christmas. Indulge in sweet and savory holiday treats at The Christmas Market or watch exciting new holidays shows, perfect for everyone in the family. For those in the spirit of the holidays, watch a live performance twist on classic holiday tales like O Wondrous Night and Winter Wonderland on Ice. For the little ones, Elmo and his friends have a musical celebration at Elmo’s Christmas Wish and Santa and his favorite reindeer Rudolph came to town to spread holiday cheer!
Looking for something else?
- Visit different Walt Disney World Resorts and see how they decorated for the Holidays!
- During the holiday season, Epcot is home to the International Festival of the Holidays which features holiday treats and traditions from around the world!
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios the holiday cheer has spread throughout the park! Finish off your evening by watching the special nighttime spectacular Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
- The holiday cheer has also spread to Disney’s Animal Kingdom this year where guests can learn more about the Indian Festival of Lights, or Diwali, in the new live show Up! A Great Bird Adventure.
- When taking a break from the parks, visit Disney Springs where you can buy special holiday gifts, enjoy holiday treats and visit the special Christmas Tree Trail which brings breathtaking Christmas trees inspired by beloved Disney movies.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter brings some extra bit of magic to the holidays at both theme parks. At Universal Studios Florida, Diagon Alley is transformed with festive décor, treats and drinks as well as a special holiday Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees show.
- At Universal’s Islands of Adventure Hogsmeade embraces the holiday spirit with festive decorations, seasonal melodies from the Frog Choir and dazzling projections from The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts show!
- The famous Macy’s parade floats make their way to Universal Orlando Resort to dazzle guests in Universal’s Holiday Parade. After the parade, guests can watch a live performance from the best-selling holiday artist of all time, Manheim Steamroller.